A New Link to Life


It’s been a while since I have written anything here, but it is something I hope to get back into for the fall. This summer was a bit hectic. Long story short, we moved cities and houses and we got a puppy. Now I have to learn to be even more productive in short periods of time as I am constantly running around when puppy needs to go pee outside!

So far, we have had our little piranha for a week and we have all already learned a lot. Link, our courageous guard dog who is scared of cardboard boxes and other dogs barking, is learning to tell us (for the most part!) that he needs to go outside when nature calls. He has also learned to sit, lie down, stay in the yard and come inside. He is a good, smart puppy but he needed someone to help guide him in how to get by in a family. And that is okay!

Link also does not get to caught up in sorrow if accidents happen. He knows it is part of life (and not his fault).

But, what about you? Do you know that it is okay to ask for help? Is it okay to hide behind someone when you are scared and/or don’t know what you are doing? Of course it is! A lot of us humans, though, are afraid or ashamed of asking for help. So, today I wanted to just take this moment to say that everything is a lot easier when you have some reliable counterparts to get you through life. This can be your friends, your family, or professionals you consult to help you learn certain skills/complete tasks.

It’s good to be independent, but it is even better to know when and how to ask for help.

Stick in there, you’ve got this! And I am more than happy to help you, too, in any way I can.

Comments